Jamila’s Celebrity Jibber Jabber
Jamila Young – Arts & Entertainment Editor
Valentine’s Day may be long gone, but there’s lots of couples news to discuss, starting with a surprise wedding that took place between the ‘The O.C’ actor Adam Brody, and ‘Gossip Girl’ actress Leighton Meester. According to eonline.com, the couple got engaged in November and recently got married by the ocean in Northern California. I follow Meester on Twitter, and so I couldn’t help but laugh to myself because she hasn’t been on the site for a while now, and as soon as word got out about her marriage, she tweets — but it had nothing to do with the marriage! She tweeted about a Broadway show that was coming up.
In other marriage news, comedian Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi are still going strong with their marriage. There was a rumor going around that they were getting a divorce, but it isn’t true and if you need it to come from DeGeneres’ mouth to believe it, you’re in luck. She personally addressed the rumor, which I love because I hate when you hear something about a celebrity and are left speculating, and then they do an interview and choose not to comment on the big story that’s about them, or they wait a long time to finally say something about it. Anyway, here’s what DeGeneres had to say: “There’s not one ounce of truth to any of it. I am very happily married. The only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more, it really is true.” She also said that any news we need to know about her will come straight from her mouth. “If there’s anything you need to know, I will announce it here first.”
It’s just the opposite for Heidi Klum and Seal. They are not getting back together despite rumors that said they were, just because she split up with her boyfriend recently. It turns out though that the now ex boyfriend is also her bodyguard, or WAS her bodyguard. I would hope that she would get a different one now, unless they both think they can make it work.
In other News:
– Cee Lo Green will not return to ‘The Voice’ again.
– Kendall and Kylie Jenner are coming out with a book called, ‘Rebels: City of Indra,’ set to be in stores June 3.
– Vanessa Simmons and Mike Wayans now have a baby girl named Ava Marie Jean Wayans.
– Singer, Paula Deanda will be a contestant on ‘The Voice’ this season.
– Kimora Lee Simmons is married again.
– The Kardashians are coming out with a baby clothing line called ‘Kardashian Kids,’ that will come out March 15 at Baby’s R’ Us.
– Rapper 50 Cent is now an independent artist after leaving Interscope Records & Shady/Aftermath.
– Big Boi announced that Outkast will be going on tour, but they’re not working on an album.
– Christina Aguilera is pregnant. This will be her second child.