Mackenzie Hurlbert – Copy Editor –
With this wacky weather and stressful workload, if you’re like me, you may find yourself craving comfort in something sweet. Hot chocolate is a good fix for a sweet tooth in this winter weather, but sometimes it just doesn’t cut it. Then there are those moments in class when the guy next to you is chowing down on their second lunch and your stomach reminds you that all you’ve had to eat was an apple.
Here’s an easy and super sweet snack to make in the dorm and pack for on-the-go munchies. It’s called Puppy Chow, but it’s for human consumption only! Don’t feed any to your pups because it does contain chocolate. Prepare for the cure to your incessant sweet tooth!
All you need is:
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup butter
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
-3 cups powdered sugar
-a large Ziploc bag
-2 large bowls
1) First, take the peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips and combine them in a microwavable bowl.
2) Microwave for one minute then stir in the vanilla. Make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well.
3) Put the cereal in a large bowl, then pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal.
4) Toss repeatedly to ensure all of the cereal is covered evenly with the chocolate coating.
5) Put the powdered sugar in the large Ziploc bag and then carefully pour the coated cereal into the bag. Make sure to leave enough room in the bag for it to be shaken and mixed well. If you need to, divide the cereal into two bags to ensure that it’ll be mixed well.
6) Shake the bag in order to coat each piece of puppy chow with powdered sugar.
7) You can either serve it fresh at a party or movie marathon, or you could package it up in little baggies and keep it for a snack.