Nicole Dellolio – Opinions Editor
With December here already it’s the perfect time to start making holiday foods, especially ones containing eggnog. This week’s Do-It-Yourself is for two recipes containing eggnog. The recipes are courtesy of sheknows.com. Enjoy!
Baked eggnog doughnuts with eggnog rum glaze
Yields six doughnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup eggnog, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, filling each doughnut only 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for seven minutes. Turn the doughnuts onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool.
- To make the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar into the three tablespoons of eggnog and rum. Dip each doughnut halfway into the glaze and allow the glaze to set.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Shamrock Farm Eggnog
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- Place pancake mix in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk Shamrock Farms Eggnog, egg, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir mixture into pancake mix until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle and turn when bubbles form on top of the pancakes.
- Flip, and cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cranberry sauce.